Saturday, October 27, 2012

No cross-dressing for Jim

Today was a good news/bad news kind of day. The good news? Jim's bag has been found and was delivered to the ship early this morning! Yay! He's relieved now that he doesn't have to borrow my clothes or underwear. Personally, I thought he might have looked cute in my skirt and sassy wedges but alas, I may never get to see that.
Now the bad news: Because of this storm that's supposed to be coming, we will be skipping the ports of Bar Harbor Maine, Newport Rhode Island, and Boston. Of course I'm bummed but oh well. This just means we'll have to return someday to visit those ports. I thought I'd share our new itinerary for those who are curious:
Sunday Oct 28: Seguenay, Canada
Monday Oct 29: At Sea
Tues Oct 30: Corner Brook, Canada
Wed Oct 31: Sydney
Thurs Nov 1: Halifax
Friday Nov 2: At Sea
Sat Nov 3: New York City
Sun Nov 4: At Sea
Monday Nov 5: Charleston SC
Tues Nov 6: At Sea
Wed Nov 7: Ft Lauderdale
Thurs Nov 8: At Sea. Fri Nov 9: At Sea
Sat Nov 10: Antigua
Sun Nov 11: St Lucia
Mon Nov 12: Barbados
Tues Nov 13: St Kitts
Wed Nov 14: St Thomas
Thur Nov 15: At Sea
Fri Nov 16: Bahamas
Sat Nov 17: Ft Lauderdale By the way, if anyone knows where the heck Saguenay or Corner Brook is, or what there is to do there, let us know. As of right now we'll be the people you see getting off the ship, looking confused and consulting one of those cartoon tourist maps.
The ship itself is gorgeous so we don't mind spending time on board, plus there is Bingo! I love Bingo but sometimes can't help mysel from yelling Bingo even when I don't have the numbers. Bingo! See? Yell it, it's fun! I will say we must have the friendliest shower curtain in the fleet. It's constantly trying to give me "hugs" while I'm showering. I also like how I can put soap on the shower walls and just spin around to lather myself up. Efficient! We also discovered that one of the 3 stooges is our Hotel General Manager! I don't know his real name but I think he used to go by the name "Curly". See attached picture if you don't believe me ;)

We spent some time walking around Quebec today and purchased some product apparently made with maple syrup. I have no idea what it is exactly but it was the last one so I had to try it. Jim is holding it in the second picture. A prize to anyone who can tell us what it is. We also came across a little shop call 'La Fudgerie'. (See picture) I don't know what a la fudgerie is but it smelled like chocolate and the sign made me giggle so it became picture-worthy. I've found that putting 'La' in front of words makes them sound fancy. Try it. La toilet, La dump, La athletes foot, etc. I do love the French!
Upon our arrival back on the ship, we had the pleasure of attending the muster drill or as I call it, the mustard drill! Our fellow passengers were captivated, as evidenced by the picture below of 2 who were sound asleep. I felt compelled to demonstrate the proper way to wear the life jacket (also shown below). If mustard time is this much fun, I'm not sure I can handle Bingo...
The second to last picture is Quebec as we set sail for our next port so goodbye until then!
Ps, the very last picture was SUPPOSED to be of a delicious fruit tartlet and a tiny little fruit pavlova but unfortunately they were gobbled up before I could capture the moment. You'll just have to trust me when I say they were just as tasty as they were cute. (I just realized these pictures are out of order and I can't figure out how to fix it. Oops)



No comments:

Post a Comment