Sunday, October 28, 2012

Do we belong here?

Today was a day spent in Saguenay. What? You say you don't know anything about Saguenay? Neither do we. What I can tell you is that it is a small town and that the news of the year was the October 28th visit of the Emerald Princess Cruise ship. Seriously folks. The ENTIRE town came out to greet us. The town news van was there filming the tourists. You'll see in one of the pictures below a crowd of people lined up near the ship and THAT is the population of Saguenay. Needless to say, there wasn't much to do in port today. We walked around for an hour or so, visited a church that held a picture of a terrified and odd-looking Jesus (see below), and returned to the ship. Really, there isn't much worth reporting about. The picture of the old car is for you, Dad. I don't know why it was sitting at the port but I needed something to take a picture of.
We have gotten a few comments on board about our ages. Last night we stepped onto the elevator and were met by an older couple. The woman told us with a laugh, "You're too young for this cruise! You don't belong here!". We laughed it off and told her we liked having the ship to ourselves after 8pm. She agreed, telling us that the old people need their rest. Today as I got onto another elevator I was asked if I was working on this ship. The group was surprised when I told them I was on vacation. In fact one of the men responded by saying, "Are you sure? You don't look like you should be here.". Is that why people keep asking me where the bathrooms are? Tonight we went to check out the "Rock and Roll Party" in one of the lounges and found the crowd singing a rousing version of Que Sera. So perhaps that was rock and roll back in the 30's??? We joke about this but it is a great vacation for people watching, I tell ya.
Since there aren't too many pictures from the port today, I thought I'd entertain you with a couple of food pictures. Enjoy! As for me, I'm going to bed. Us old people need our rest, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment